Introducing groov RIO: I/O for the IIoT
Intelligent, multi-signal, multifunction, PoE-powered, remote Ethernet I/O for IIoT and automation applications
Now with one compact unit, you can:
- Power the unit and connected I/O with 802.3af PoE Class 0 switches, or a 10-32 VDC power supply
- Wire up to 8 channels of mixed I/O signals (configurable for temperature, current, voltage, or discrete inputs or outputs), plus 2 mechanical relays.
- Run optional distributed features independently on the processor, including counting, thermocouple linearization, digital totalizing, minimum/maximum values, ramping, and more
- Integrate I/O data directly with databases, HMIs, SCADA systems, cloud services, and IoT platforms, using embedded Node-RED
- Connect to existing control systems or building automation systems with Modbus/TCP, OptoMMP, and REST APIs
- Publish process data directly into publish-subscribe architectures with MQTT and Sparkplug or string payloads
- Log data to internal power-fail safe memory or an attached USB mass storage device
- Protect with built-in security, including configurable firewalls, encryption, user accounts, and VPN client
- Install anywhere with wide -20 to 70 °C rating, UL Hazardous Locations approval, ATEX compliance
If you have a small, mixed I/O count application, especially requiring I/O data logging or data communications, count on groov RIO.
I/O signal options are (almost) endless. You can configure 61,260 unique field I/O combinations with one groov RIO unit! How is this possible? We've documented how we got these results here: info.opto22.com/61260
Ready to start configuring your own RIO? Check out the groov RIO online configurator.
Better yet, talk to an Opto 22 engineer. What do you want to do? We're ready to help you get started.
groov RIO (GRV-R7-MM1001-10) will be available April 2020, but you can pre-order it now!
Complete a Request for Quote form to get started.
Or reach out to a pre-sales engineer at 951-695-3000 or toll free, 800-321-6786.