Now you can have your Raspberry Pi...and industrial I/O, too!
Sense and switch industrial-level loads with your Raspberry Pi®.
With Opto 22's Digital I/O System for Raspberry Pi, you can switch real-world electrical loads like industrial motors and pumps, and sense circuits and status through industrial-grade sensors, with your Raspberry Pi's GPIO.
Use your favorite Pi-supported programming language like Python, C, and more. Or, use Node-RED to quickly read and write I/O with these Pi build instructions.
For more information, including details about selecting your own racks and I/O modules, see our Selection Guide for Industrial Digital I/O for Raspberry Pi.
Get a Starter Kit
Get a complete starter kit with everything you need to get started with digital I/O for your Raspberry Pi. All you need is your Raspberry Pi (Pi 1 Models A+ or B+, Pi 2 Model B, Pi 3 Model B, or Pi Zero) and a 5V 2A power supply.
Here's what you get:
- Digital I/O Carrier Board for Raspberry Pi
- 8-position I/O mounting rack
- 4 I/O modules (1 DC in, 1 DC out, 1 AC in, 1 AC out)
- Mounting accessories and ribbon cable
Get the Quick Start Guide for the Digital I/O for Raspberry Pi starter kit.
The Digital Industrial I/O for Raspberry Starter Kit includes the following (over $215 value):
- OPTO-P1-40P - Digital I/O Carrier Board for Raspberry Pi, including Pi mounting hardware
- G4PB8H - G4 8-channel Mounting Rack with Header Connector
- G4IDC5MA - G4 DC Input 10-32 VDC, 5 VDC Logic with Manual/Auto Switch
- G4OAC5 - G4 AC Output 12-140 VAC, 5 VDC Logic
- G4IAC5 - G4 AC Input 90-140 VAC/VDC, 5 VDC Logic
- G4ODC5 - G4 DC Output 5-60 VDC, 5 VDC Logic
The Starter Kit is compatible with any model Raspberry Pi that offers the 40-pin GPIO header connector, including Raspberry Pi 1 Models A+ and B+, Pi 2 Model B, Pi 3 Model B, and Pi Zero.
The Starter Kit gives you room to expand. Add up to 4 more G4 I/O modules from the extensive list of compatible G4 inputs and outputs.
When assembled with your Raspberry Pi and power supply, your Starter Kit will look like this:
For more information, including details about selecting your own racks and I/O modules, see our Selection Guide for Industrial Digital I/O for Raspberry Pi page.